All community members interested in earning a high school diploma with SCE need to complete a program orientation, register, and attend an assessment session, all mandatory steps to enrolling in the program. The program is for adults only, 18 years and older.
STEPS TO REGISTER: For a detailed list of steps, click here: High School Diploma Program Registration Steps
- Obtain officially-sealed transcripts from all previously attended high schools.
- Apply for an SCE Banner Identification Number.
- Complete the SCE High School Diploma Program online orientation.
- Register online for a High School Diploma Program assessment session.
REGISTRATION PERIODS AND ASSESSMENT SESSION DATES:
Students must complete the above steps 1 - 3 before registering for a High School Diploma Program assessment session.
If students miss Registration Period #2 or their desired assessment session is full, students can enroll in Registration Period #3 which opens at 7 a.m. on September 19, 2014 and closes at 5 p.m. on October 2, 2014. Students MUST attend one of the following assessment sessions during this registration period in order to begin their diploma studies:
- Anaheim Campus: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 8 a.m.
- Anaheim Campus: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.
- Cypress Center: Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 8 a.m.
- Cypress Center: Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.
- Wilshire Center: Friday, October 10, 2014 at 8 a.m.
For more information, call the High School Diploma Program Information Line at 714.808.4683.
Thu, 18 Sep 2014
Welcome to the NOCCCD School of Continuing Education
2014 Fall Term
by Greg Schulz, Ed.D., Provost
Change. Cultivated. Possibilities.
The School of Continuing Education (SCE) has been making a difference in the lives of students for many years. As our local and regional economy continues to grow, there are many available opportunities. Are you ready to seize these opportunities? Our faculty and staff are available and eager to assist you. As a student-centered institution of higher learning, SCE has earned a strong reputation for our short-term career technical education programs that help our students develop and strengthen skills to be successful in the workforce. These programs include Administrative Assistant, Early Childhood Education, Medical Assistant, and Pharmacy Technician as well as many others. In addition, we proudly offer a variety of programs designed to assist students in advancing academic, career, and life skills. I am pleased that you have chosen SCE to continue your education. I look forward to seeing you in class at one of our three Centers or many community partner locations. Let’s have a great fall term.
Mon, 8 Sep 2014
The School of Continuing Education (SCE) 2014 Fall Term Class Schedule is now available at the three SCE Centers in Anaheim, Cypress and Fullerton and online at www.sce.edu/schedule. Classes begin the week of September 8, 2014. Following is additional information regarding the 2014 Fall Term:
REGISTRATION DATES FOR 2014 FALL TERM
- Wednesday, August 13 – Medical Assistant Certificate Program Online Registration
- Tuesday, August 19 – Career Technical Education (CTE) Online Registration
- Wednesday, August 20 – SCE Online Registration
- Thursday, August 21 – Walk-In Registration
Online registration will open at 7 a.m.; computers are available at the SCE registration offices at the following times: Anaheim Campus and SCE Wilshire Center at 7 a.m.; SCE Cypress Center at 7:30 a.m.
A clock symbol has been placed in the class schedule to indicate the CTE courses that are eligible for registration on Tuesday, August 19 at 7 a.m.
ONLINE ORIENTATION REQUIRED FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND FOUR CAREER CERTIFICATE EDUCATION (CTE) PROGRAMS
Online orientation and online registration are now REQUIRED steps to enter the following SCE Programs:
- High School Diploma Program
- Administrative Assistant Certificate Program
- Early Childhood Education Certificate Program
- Medical Assistant Certificate Program
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program
The 2014 Fall Term class schedule details the steps needed to apply for an SCE Banner ID, to complete the required orientation and to register online. This information can be accessed at the following links:
High School Diploma Program Orientation / Online Registration Information (page 11)
Career Technical Education Programs Orientation / Online Registration Information (page 31)
NEW CLASSES FOR 2014 FALL TERM
Digital Media, Web and Video Program
- Introduction to Programming
- WordPress (Beginning)
Disabled Student Programs and Services
- Basic Cooking: Beginning Skills
- Human Sexuality: Human Development, Puberty, and Conception
- Intermediate Word Processing
- Introduction to Computers
- Photoshop: Digital Camera Operation for Students with Disabilities
- Social Skills: Foundational Basics
Fine & Applied Arts Program
- Art Appreciation: Looking and Learning
Kids’ College and Teen Program
- Painting with Acrylics for Kids (Ages 7+)
- Drawing and Painting Cartoons with Watercolors (Ages 7+)
- Fun with Light and Optics (Grades 4-6)
Medical Assistant Certificate Program
- Introduction to Computers for Healthcare
Thu, 24 Jul 2014
Read Archived Stories…