North Orange County Community College District Strategic Conversation #15:
“THE CHANGING ROLE: of Faculty, Staff, Administrators, and Students”
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at Cypress College Theatre Lobby
Refreshments: 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Board Strategic Conversation: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
(Board Business Meeting Immediately Following)
All faculty, staff and students are invited to participate in the North Orange County Community College District’s (NOCCCD) Strategic Conversation #15: The Changing Role of Faculty, Staff, Administrators, and Students. The conversation will be held on Tuesday, March 25, 2014 from 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the Cypress College Theater Lobby (9200 Valley View Drive in Cypress). Topics for this year’s conversation include:
- What Students Say They Need to Succeed: Key Themes from a Study of Student Support
- Beyond Mentoring and Advising Toward Understanding the Role of Faculty “Developers” in Student Success
- The Effects of Out-of-Class Support on Student Satisfaction and Motivation to Learn
- Leadership Matters: Addressing the Student Success and Completion Agenda
The Strategic Conversation event includes planned, but informal, discussions conducted in a democratic and conversational style, focusing on policy issues. Topics may be proposed by anyone in the District, and are selected by the Board Subcommittee on the basis of what seems to be of significant interest to attendees. If you’re interested in participating, please pick two of the four topics above and RSVP by March 14, 2014 to the following link: http://www.nocccd.edu/StrategicConversation.htm. For more information regarding Strategic Conversation #15, contact the the District Office of Public and Governmental Affairs at 714.808.4831.
Wed, 12 Mar 2014
The School of Continuing Education (SCE) Spring Term Class Schedule is now available at all three SCE Centers in Anaheim, Cypress, and Fullerton. Most SCE classes begin the week of March 31, 2014. Below is additional information regarding the 2014 Spring Term:
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2014 SPRING TERM
- Wednesday, March 5 – Medical Assistant Certificate Program Online Registration
- Tuesday, March 11 – Career Technical Education (CTE) Classes Online Registration
- Wednesday, March 12 – SCE Online Registration
- Thursday, March 13 – Walk-In Registration
Online registration opens at 7 a.m.; computers are available at the SCE registration offices at the following times:
- Anaheim Campus and SCE Wilshire Center – 7 a.m.
- SCE Cypress Center – 7:30 a.m.
As a reminder, online orientations and online registrations are now required steps to enter the following SCE Programs:
- High School Diploma Program
- Administrative Assistant Certificate Program
- Early Childhood Education Certificate Program
- Medical Assistant Certificate Program
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program
The 2014 Spring Class Schedule provides step-by-step instructions on how to apply for an SCE Banner ID, which is required to complete the mandatory orientation and online registration. More information about the orientation and registration requirements are available online or in the printed class schedule.
NEW CLASSES FOR THE 2014 SPRING TERM
- Simplifying Your Life Through Organization
- Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
- PHP and MySQL – Intermediate
- Community Volunteering for Vocational Skills Enhancement
- Using Reading in Real Life Situations for Students with Disabilities
- Photoshop Elements: Layering and Special Effects
- Basic Cooking: More Advanced Skills for Students with Disabilities
- Relationships: Relationships Review, Intimacy, and Sexuality Concepts for Students with Disabilities
- Living More Independently: Health, Safety, and Living With Your Roommate
- Fun With Lights and Optics (Grades 4-6)
- Zumba for Kids
Tue, 4 Mar 2014
Check it out - Kids’ College & Teen Program classes begin Saturday, February 1, 2014 and the week of February 3, 2014! Enroll today.
Parents are invited to register their kids and teens for classes at the North Orange County Community College District School of Continuing Education (SCE) Kids’ College and Teen Program. SCE offers stimulating classroom, musical, artistic, and athletic programs that for years has piqued the interests of kids and teens. Classes are offered in Anaheim, Cypress, and Fullerton.
Parents can view the schedule, course descriptions, and fees at the following link: Kids’ College and Teen Program 2014 Winter Term Schedule.
Classes begin Saturday, February 1, 2014 with small-group tutorials starting February 8, 2014. Register your child or teen today at www.sce.edu/registration or visit any one of our centers in Anaheim, Cypress, or Fullerton.
Students can take advantage of math, reading, and writing tutorials or start a new venture in fashion illustration, Photoshop magic, cooking, kung fu, ballet, tiny tots tumbling, musical theater, piano, manners and etiquette, yoga for pre-tens and teens, Spanish, cycling, basketball, chemistry for young scientists, as well as organization, study skills, and much more!
With more than 150 engaging courses available, kids and teens will find needed classes or something fun at prices fit to please the most budget-conscious of parents. Registration is now open and runs until classes are full. Classes are for students ranging 1 - 17 years. For more information, contact 714.808.4909 or visit www.sce.edu/kids.
Wed, 29 Jan 2014
Read Archived Stories…