Safety Resource Tips
Everyone is encouraged to follow these general safety tips:
- In an emergency (life threatening) situation, you should dial 911 first and then have someone nearby contact Campus Safety or Security.
- If you hear someone make a threat or observe something of a suspicious or potentially threatening nature, you should report it to Campus Safety or Security without hesitation. None of us should individually make the determination that a threat is not credible and thus not worthy of being reported. Many potentially serious situations only come to light because a student chose to confide in an instructor or a staff member reported something to Campus Safety or Security.
- Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts; if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, seek the assistance of another campus employee or contact Campus Safety or Security.
- Use the buddy system. Walk with other employees or students when going to your vehicle. You may also request an escort from Campus Safety or Security at any time.
- Always lock your car and do not keep anything valuable in your car.
Thank you for your help in maintaining a safe learning and working environment at SCE.